Do you judge a public restroom by it’s cleanliness? Well you’re not alone, in fact 94% of adults would not return to a business if they had a poor restroom experience. The cleanliness of the restroom matters and it could be impacting your bottom line! Hygiene is no longer an option, it’s a priority and a responsibility. Here are some ideas to ensure your restroom experience receives 5 stars!
- Remove all hand dryers – Using a jet air dryer dispersed 1,300 times more germ particles than drying with paper towels. 95% of adults don’t wash their hands long enough to remove bacteria and viruses, and jet dryers blow those remaining germs around. Towels actually remove up to 77% of germs that remain. Learn more about air dryers vs. hand towels.
- Incorporate touch free fixtures – Try to make your restroom as touchless as possible. Incorporate censored facets, toilets, soap and towel dispensers.
- Air Purification – Did you know that indoor air is up to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air? Air purifiers will not only rid allergens and bacteria, it will also help eliminate restroom odor.
- Add door pulls – Door pulls are a great option to eliminate touching door handles. Instead of opening the door with your hand use a door pull instead!
- Install Door Handle Sheet Dispensers – Add door hand sheets next to the door so you can open it without directly touching the handle, and add a trash receptacle close to the door to easily toss the sheet before you exit.
- Invest in brand name soaps – Creating the perception that you care with brand name soaps, it will go a long way!
- Invest in 2-ply toilet tissue – Yes, we said it. The type of toilet paper you have in your restroom will make a difference and may even be talked about. Don’t worry, it’s not a bad thing.
- Add air fresheners – Nobody likes a gnarly smelling restroom. Add air fresheners to not only neutralize the air, but give it a fresh scent.
- Take care of your restroom floor – Mops and mop buckets are out the window. Using proper floor cleaning techniques, solutions and products will be key to keeping your floors clean.
- Incorporate Cleanliness Signage – Add tips on washing hands and brag about what you’re doing to keep the restroom clean!
Bonus: Add your organization’s logo to your dispensers for more branding exposure!
No we all know a good restroom experience speaks wonders. Don’t make this an option, make the cleanliness of your restroom a priority. Innovative is here to help you every step of the way! Contact our team to get started today!