Be The Match Field Goals for Charity

2022-2023 Field Goals for Charity

For every successful Vikings field goal kicked this season, Innovative Office Solutions and Post-It Brand will donate $250 (up to $5,000 total) to Be The Match®. Funds raised will help add potential blood stem cell donors to the Be The Match Registry®, help patients with uninsured costs and fund life-saving research.

COMMUNITY PROGRAMS

About Be The Match

Be The Match® is a global leader working every day to save lives through cellular therapy. For people with life-threatening blood cancers—like leukemia and lymphoma—or other blood disorders like sickle cell, a cure exists. Be The Match connects patients with a matching donor for a life-saving blood stem cell transplant. The Be The Match Registry® is the most diverse registry in the world and includes both adult donors willing to donate to a stranger in need and stored cord blood units. In addition, Be The Match provides patients and their families one-on-one support, education, and guidance before, during and after transplant. Be The Match is also a global leader in research through the CIBMTR® (Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research®)—a collaboration with Medical College of Wisconsin, investing in and managing research studies that improve patient outcomes and advance the future of care.

0
Every three minutes someone in the United States is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
0
A blood stem cell transplant can cure or treat more than 75 diseases.
0
In 2021, Be The Match® impacted 6,649 lives through cellular therapy.
0
Be The Match® has facilitated more than 111,000 transplants since 1987.
0%
Seventy percent of patients do not have a fully matched donor in their family. They depend on Be The Match® to find an unrelated donor or cord blood unit.
0
Every year, 12,000 patients are diagnosed with life-threatening blood cancers or other diseases like sickle cell for which a blood stem cell transplant from an unrelated donor may be their best or only hope of a cure.

Your gift can add new life-saving donors to the registry, assist patients with uninsured transplant costs, and fund groundbreaking research.

GIVE A GIFT

You could be someone’s only match—their only hope for a cure. It’s easy to join the Be The Match Registry. All it takes is a simple cheek swab.

JOIN THE REGISTRY

Learn more about this lifesaving partnership and how you can make an impact.

LEARN MORE

Eliminating the Health Disparity

Patients are more likely to match with someone who shares their ethnic background, which is why it is crucial to grow and diversify the registry. 30% of patients needing a transplant have a match within their family. The other 70% of patients turn to Be The Match for help. For diverse patients, the odds of finding a match range from just 29% to 60% due to being underrepresented among potential blood stem cell donors. White patients have a 79% chance of finding a fully matched, available donor. By adding more people to the registry and fundraising, we can help improve the odds to ensure every patient has an equal chance at finding their life-saving donor.

Be the Match - Disparity Graphic

Laila got a second chance at life thanks to her donor, Kenton. Watch their inspiring moment meeting for the first time.

Tiana saved Donna’s life by donating blood stem cells. They were the 100,000 pair to donate and receive stem cells through Be The Match.